POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File load failure : Re: File load failure Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File load failure
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Jan 2004 11:02:20
Message: <40192e8c$1@news.povray.org>

wrote:

> Throw a warning when reading a file and finding the end of a line
> without a ',' before it. I made the same mistake a few weeks ago and I
> think this would happen to some more people in the future.

But the problem is not with newlines!  POV-Ray does not care about newlines.
All it cares about is the commas!  For POV-Ray there coulkd be a million
newlines inbteween, it would still expect a comma between two values.
Everything else is an arithmetic (or string is quoted) expression.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde